UN and Syria — Rwanda Elections — US Military Aid in Colombia — Rubber Farmes in Thailand — Health Care in Greece — Norway
This week we review the Syria situation once more now that the UN has published its report on the use of chemical weapons. In our ongoing series on elections we talk about the impressive outcome for the current leader of Rwanda. Mark discusses aspects of a longer article about the effects of US military aid on Colombia. We look at the situation of Thai rubber farmers with dwindling rubber prices on the worlds markets and on the effects the spending cuts on the greek health care system. Last but not least we look this mysterious sovereign wealth fund of wealthy Norway and provide another NEWZ source for you: In These Times.
Mark Fonseca Rendeiro
- Chemical Weapons Attacks Confirmed By UN
- Where is Damascus?
- Kagame Party Wins Again in Latest Rwandan Election
- US Military Aid and the Human Rights Crisis in Colombia
- Thai Government Scrambles to Appease Angry Rubber Farmers
- New Round of Cuts in Greece Target Health Care
- Understanding Norway’s Sovereign Wealth Fund
- German Federal Election 2013
- NEWZ Source: In These Times