Crimea Costs — US ICANN — Asylum Seekers — Afghan Journalist — Mt. Gox — Ethiopian Dam — The Daily Beast
While many governments continue to play diplomatic games over the Crimea, we look at the fiscal costs. The US changes its agreement on internet domains, or so it seemed. UNHCR releases its asylum statistics for 2013. A beloved Afghan journalist is murdered along with his family. A detailed discussion of Bitcoin and the Mt. Cox trouble. Ethiopia is well on their way to building the largest dam on the Nile. This week's NEWZ Source: The Daily Beast.
- The Costs of Crimea Joining Russia
- Why the US Isn’t Necessarily Handing Over The Internet to the World
- Syria, Afghanistan and Russia Top the Asylum Seekers List
- Beloved Journalist Killed in Kabul Hotel
- Inside the Mt. Gox Bitcoin Scandal
- Ethiopian Dam Achieves Construction Milestone
- NEWZ Source: The Daily Beast
- Cover image by Jason Saul
Maybe this already appeared on your radar, if not you might be interested: the Syrian Kurds have created an autonomous zone in the north of Syria.