MH17 Tragedy — Israel Gaza War — Guantanamo Prison — BRICS Summit — Columbia: Peace Process, Politics, Image Problems
This is the first time Newz of the World is inviting a correspondent to the show to get a better look at things. We are welcoming Daniel González from Bogota to join us for the first time to talk about all things Columbia and other South American aspects. In addition to this focus, we are touching the tragic end of Malaysian Airlines Flight 17 and the developing story of the war between Israel and the Gaza strip.
Unfortunately, our connection with Daniel was quite flaky so that the show might lack a certain flow as we had to deal with dropouts and breaks, but the managed to produce a proper result that leaves out most of the interruptions.
Mark Fonseca Rendeiro
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- The Guardian: US readies to transfer six Guantánamo Bay detainees to Uruguay, officials say
- Time: The BRICS Don’t Like the Dollar-Dominated World Economy, but They’re Stuck With It
- Reuters: Colombia’s Santos opens ‘Congress of peace,’ urges deal with rebels
- Columbia Reports: 10% of Colombia’s 2010-2014 Congress kicked out of office
- Forbes: Bogotá: Colombia’s Door To Foreign Investment, Tourism
- Al Jazeera: Colombia’s image problem: Moving forward?
- NEWZ Source: La Silla Vacía
- Episode Image: Plaza de Bolivar, Bogota, Colombia by Pedro Szekely