Rebels in Congo, Chavez' health problems, Italian president steps down, US Drone Pilots, 29C3 in Hamburg
After a long hiatus over the holidays we return to the stage with the first real NEWZ show after we covered Marks trip to Tunesia, Egypt and Lebanon in detail in the last two shows. This time we look at the rebel situation in Congo that still dominates the news from this central African state. Then we turn our eyes on Hugo Chavez who is supposed to begin his next term as president but is unable to do so because he is treated for cancer in Cuba. We look at Italy's ever revolving wheel of fortune for the next president after Mario Monti has stepped down. Finally Tim reports on the most recent 29th Chaos Communicaton Congress in Hamburg that Mark was unable to attend.
- BBC News – M23 rebels threaten to quit DR Congo talks over ceasefire
- Hugo Chavez remains hospitalized in Cuba as Venezuelan inauguration approaches – The Washington Post
- Italian Prime Minister Monti Resigns – WSJ.com
- Pain Continues after War for American Drone Pilot – SPIEGEL ONLINE
- Recordings of the 29C3 talks: